This week we talk with Rob Ruffler, Sr. Director of Virtual Reality at Viacom NEXT
Rob Ruffler (@RobRuffler), Sr. Director of Virtual Reality at Viacom NEXT (@ViacomNEXT), stops by to chat about music, art, and making the content of the future. Born out of Viacom's R&D Lab, Viacom NEXT is the media conglomerate's emerging technology-focused arm. We chat about how they're conceptualizing interactivity, user interfaces, and the future of entertainment in the context of their critically-acclaimed roster of content like Smash Party (a collaboration with animation powerhouse Titmouse), Chocolate (from the genius mind of Tyler Hurd, creator of Butts and Old Friend), and the upcoming Melody of Dust (which features music, innovative live action capture techniques and will premiere at SXSW).
- Rob Ruffler, Sr. Director of Virtual Reality at Viacom NEXT | @viacomnext
- Tyler Hurd, Creator of Chocolate, Old Friend, and Butts | tylerhurd.com
- Oculus Rift DK1
- Samsung Gear VR
- Smash Party VR
- The Melody of Dust
- Open Your Eyes | Tilt Brush VR Art Shows
- Max Frost - Withdrawal [360 Live] - YouTube
- Hot Sugar (musician) - Wikipedia)
- VIVE™ | Discover Virtual Reality Beyond Imagination
- SUBPAC - Feel Physical Audio in Music, Gaming, VR & Cinemaau
The Real Virtual Show is a talk show focused on all things mixed reality: we have epic conversations with leaders in the exciting virtual reality and augmented reality industry.
#RealVirtual - where real people talk about virtual