This week we talk with Sally Kellaway of Zero Latency
Sally chats with us about 3D audio and its importance to virtual reality, free roaming multiplayer gaming, and the future of digital participatory physical sports. Zero Latency is a wireless multiplayer center in Melbourne, Tokyo - and now Madrid!
- Sally Kellaway Sr. Audio Designer at Zero Latency | SOUNDS BY SAL
- Alienware - Custom Gaming Computers & Laptops
- OSVR - Open-Source Virtual Reality for Gaming
- 3D audio effects are a group of sound effects that manipulate the sound produced by stereo speakers, surround-sound speakers, speaker-arrays, or headphones.
- Binaural recording is a method of recording sound that uses two microphones, arranged with the intent to create a 3-D stereo sound sensation for the listener of actually being in the room with the performers or instruments.
- Ambisonics is a full-sphere surround sound technique: in addition to the horizontal plane, it covers sound sources above and below the listener.
- BioShock is a first-person shooter video game developed by 2K Boston
- GameSoundCon 2016 | Game Music and Sound Design Conference
- AES Los Angeles 2016 | Audio Engineering Society Conference
The Real Virtual Show is a talk show focused on all things mixed reality: we have epic conversations with leaders in the exciting virtual reality and augmented reality industry.
#RealVirtual - where real people talk about virtual