This week we talk with ILMxLAB’s Michael Koperwas
This week’s episode features Michael Koperwas, Mixed Reality Supervisor at Lucasfilm’s ILMxLAB. We talk with Michael about how things have changed in his almost-20 years in the VFX industry, how VFX skillsets and tools can be used for VR/AR, and his take on 3D creation tools in VR. We also dig into motion capture technology in general, image based motion capture in particular, and how ILMxLAB helped Rogue One with pre-visualization tools using CAVEs. Michael also touches a bit on the Disney partnership with The VOID to bring 4D “hyper-reality” Star Wars immersive experiences to life -http://www.ilmxlab.com/
- Michael Koperwas, Mixed Reality Supervisor at Lucasfilm’s ILMxLAB
- Unreal Engine
- Unity - Game Engine
- Vive | Discover Virtual Reality Beyond Imagination
- Cave automatic virtual environment - Wikipedia
- Tilt Brush by Google
- Quill - Oculus
- Blocks - Create 3D models in VR - Google VR
- Oculus Medium | Oculus
- CARNE y ARENA - Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Episode 62 – Live recording from the panel discussion at VRScout’s most recent monthly mixer, where we talk all about Hollywood & VR/AR.
he Real Virtual Show is a talk show focused on all things mixed reality: we have epic conversations with leaders in the exciting virtual reality and augmented reality industry.
#RealVirtual - where real people talk about virtual